Last night, at a special media event, Disneyland Resort announced the plans for the 60th anniversary of Walt’s wonderful park, Disneyland. I’ve already been thinking about what a great trip that would be to be able to visit Disneyland this year and celebrate that wonderful anniversary. As you may remember, we were fortunate enough to travel to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World for the 40th anniversary of that park back in 2011 (here are posts about that trip here and here) — and this would be another bucket list item we could mark off of our list.
With my friend Sheila and her family, who are local to the area, I can imagine that the trip will be a great memory for Sheila, who has grown up visiting Disneyland all her life. Already I’m dreaming of some of the things that I’d like to do on that day:
- In true Disney style, I want to ride the Disneyland Railroad all the way around the park.
- I want to visit each of the original, opening day attractions that are still open today. Can you name them? 🙂
- I want to ride it’s a small world, and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, the Storybook Land Canal Boats, and Casey Jr. Circus Train.
- I want to see how Big Thunder Mountain compares to the Walt Disney World version.
- I want to ride Pirates of the Caribbean.
- I want to enjoy the Mark Twain Riverboat and the Sailing Ship Columbia.
- I want to take in the Enchanted Tiki Room show, as well as Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln!
- I want to ride Jungle Cruise and Snow White’s Scary Adventures.
- I want to walk through Mickey and Minnie’s houses.
- Most of all, I want to imagine Disneyland as it was when Walt walked those paths. I want to imagine walking down Main Street, U.S.A., and having Walt Disney hold out his hand to shake mine. I want to imagine how life could have been so very different if Walt had not smoked, and had not passed away as early as he did…
What do you want to do for the 60th Anniversary of Disneyland? Do you have plans on attending? Let me know in the comments, and thanks!